This group of leaders could be defined as the future makers of the school. With a primary vision to help the school and its members take such positive actions that will help preserve the resources of the present for the needs of the future, the sustainability leaders have an inspiring path ahead of them.
Some of the more direct activities within which these students may be involved includes:
- coordinating recycling as part of the Waste Wise programme;
- promoting environmental awareness within the school and broader community;
- Water Wise monitoring;
- contributing to the school newsletter;
- contributing to the school assemblies; and
- coming up with other initiatives to improve and enhance sustainable practices in and around the school.